From: sundial [mailto:sundial-boun...@uni-koeln.de] On Behalf Of Simon Wheaton
Smith
Sent: Wednesday, January 25, 2017 8:08 PM
To: Kenneth R clark <krcl...@embarqmail.com>
Cc: sundial@uni-koeln.de
Subject: Re: Looking for minutes and seconds correction for whole year for
Equation of Time plaque

Last email from me today...

here is the 4 year EOT from my main book

Simon

On Wed, Jan 25, 2017 at 5:21 PM, Kenneth R clark <krcl...@embarqmail.com
<mailto:krcl...@embarqmail.com> > wrote:

I had an error message from AOL Sorry for no subject line and my files were not
sent.

Let me retry with this account.

Hi everyone,

     I am working on my Equation of Time plaque for my aluminum cross sundial.
All the instructions and graphics and EQT will be on an 8 ½” diameter ½”
aluminum plate.  I do not want to use the standard graph found on many sundials
but instead a chart for the whole year, mins and secs, to add or subtract total
correction to get watch time.  I do not have much room for detailed
instructions.

     I looked at difference sources for the chart and would like to verify the
most accurate times to use the four year leap year cycle for a church at
40.1526N, 76.6038W.   I have looked at the Solar Noon calculator, Sonne and
Shadows-(cannot input decimal degrees?)  Are there other sources or spreadsheet
programs?

     I like to convey that sundials are accurate.  I envision that a person
will wait till the shadow is on a line and the person will know what time it is
suppose to be even though this type of sundial may not be design for precision.

     I made a quick drawing.  There will be some type of sun image at the top
and a logo at the bottom for the location.  The chart in the center is from
another project that I did just to see how it would look and if the printing is
large enough to read.  I would have to change the inputs to standard time for
the whole year.  I have also attached a picture of the sundial.

     I just want to know if I am using the right times and would appreciate any
comments or suggestions.

Thanks very much

Ken Clark

                                                                Elizabethtown,