The apparent lack of a subject line is not always the sender’s control.
There is some interaction between the sender’s email system and the sundial
listserv software meaning that some messages arrive in our mailboxes aa
forwarded items. These items do not show a subject line when you first look
at them, but the sender’s subject line is in the text of the message.

Messages affected this way show ‘via sundial’ after the sender name:; at
least on my email client software.

So, messages are not spam if they show ‘via sundial’.

Steve