A spammer or person with malicious intent most probably would use, if any,
an off topic subject.

And, absent wierd server stuff, most postings do have a relevant subject

I am hyper cautious as I have sustained attacks in the past, and my
protection is to also drop messages with no subject. Just my protocol I
use. I also do not open attachments that are neither jpg nor off, the
exception is an expected file from a reasonably safe source. I avoid xls
and doc and docx like the plague.

Simon Wheaton-Smith

To each their own.