Didn't Eratosthenes show that the earth was round by measuring the
diameter?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dan-George Uza" <cerculdest...@gmail.com>
To:"Sundial List" <sundial@uni-koeln.de>
Sent:Mon, 17 Jun 2019 16:04:58 +0300
Subject:Can a sundial disprove Flat Earth?

Hello,

In my country there is this growing Flat Earth movement akin to
religious fundamentalism. No matter what you throw at them, they
simply ignore it. There is even a big group on Facebook of about 5,000
users. I recently joined there for fun. First I thought they were
joking, but everybody seems dead serious about it. I nearly got kicked
out because my profile photo shows a large armillary sundial which
they consider to be a globe.... So preposterous! :)

So I recently wondered: can a sundial can be used to prove the Earth
is round? And what would be the simplest gnomonic proof for this?

Dan Uza