Dear Frans,
thank you so much for your mail with the attachments.You were of real help!
Google translator and the smartphone with Google voice translation, allways
right beside the computer, were of great help. However, as in most cases
with technical articles like that, I needed two complete translations, one
Duch/German and one Dutch/ English, and combined them to wind up with a
text version which made sense. Too many special terms which obviously only
may corectly be translated if you know the context they are used in.
Well, I am still struggling to fully understand the theory behind
the"Trifilar Sundial" of Bernard Rouxel. Bifilar sundials are interesting,
the trifilar sundial is even more so. Not beeing a matematician, the
"Hyperbolics" behind it are a real challenge (and unfortunately only
mentioned without details in the texts available to me). Also the
imagination you need to "see" the functionality of the trifilar
construction is quite hard. F. de Fries does an allmost perfect job using
that in explaining the dial. May be some day someone comes up with a text
or even a simulation or an explanatory fil on YouTube which makes it easier
for the "average sun dial layman" to fully get his or her grips on that
sundial.
It certainly is not a "Faike Trifilar Sundial" as I wrongly named it when I
first saw it and asked for help here. It is, with many respects, a quite
challenging sundial which deserves to be looked into and dealt with by the
sundialist community. It was "invented" about 10 years ago and I am glad to
have found it, though only now and only by accident.
Thank you again for your help.
With Kind Regards
Siegfried

Siegfried Netzband