> This is going to be a problem, once you get things working
> smoothly.  Unless you take special measures it'll be a roll
> of the dice as to what server you'll connect to.
>
> I recommend you follow OttoM's suggestion to revert to an
> Interconnect config (although I disagree with several of his
> statements, cockroaches notwithstanding, regarding the
> severity of using '-A' - it'll work fine for redirecting
> *between* FOGs, which is what I believe you care about and I
> verified this both by re-reading the code and trying it myself).
> An Interconnect config will work if you want to be able to
> redirect within a FOG also, and it allows you to use the
> primary hostname/IP when redirecting, so it's preferable.
> Get this working first.
>
> To avoid the die-roll sending you to the Linux boxes, you
> have a few options.
> - Just disable/shutdown DHCP on the Linux boxes
>   after getting utadm set up the way you want it.
>   Since the solaris box will offer DHCP the DTUs
>   will be told to connect to it initially.  This
>   is your simplest option.
> - Use AMGH.  This would allow you to configure
>   your systems to send specific users where you
>   want them.  If you have some folks you want to
>   be using Linux, and some not, this will make
>   things seamless for you.  You can specify the
>   behavior per-Sun Ray, per-smartcard, per-user,
>   or whatever works best for you.
> - Configure DHCP individually for each MAC, on
>   both servers, to specify where you want each Sun
>   Ray to go.  Sounds painful, not your first
>   option but I mention it for completeness.
>
> Your first step is to just get things working to a point
> where utswitch redirects work, without introducing any new
> variables.  Then you can experiment with the options above to
> get more control over where the DTUs are connecting.
>
> -Bob

I'll hopefully get some time to take ndssr01 down this weekend and
reconfigure as per Bob's and OttoM's emails.  In the meantime, and I
wasn't making changes to anything, but I ran utgstatus on ndssr01 and
got this (notice pablo's status on the 192.168.132.0 interface):

bash-2.05# /opt/SUNWut/sbin/utgstatus
host   flags    interface     flags    interface     flags
                134.222.187.0/24       192.168.132.0/24
------------    -------------------    -------------------
ndssr01   TN    134.222.187.208 UA-    192.168.132.1   UA-

pablo     -N    134.222.187.81  UA-    192.168.132.2   UAM

skb-linux -N    134.222.187.182 UA-    192.168.132.3   -AM

So I ran into the other office where there's a sunray connected to
ndssr01, signed on thinking I'd try the utswitch to pablo, but ran
utgstatus first and got this:

bash-2.05# /opt/SUNWut/sbin/utgstatus
host   flags    interface     flags    interface     flags
                134.222.187.0/24       192.168.132.0/24
ndssr01   TN    134.222.187.208 UA-    192.168.132.1   UA-

pablo     -N    134.222.187.81  UA-    192.168.132.2   -AM

skb-linux -N    134.222.187.182 UA-    192.168.132.3   -AM

I don't know what happened in those few moments, but ndssr01 saw pablo
as 'U' and then not.

Suzie