ottomeister wrote:
On 2/21/07, Bob Doolittle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
utadm -l should report everything.
Typically there's no point in mixing LAN and Interconnect, however.
A cleaner config would be utadm -A 192.168.132.0, as I suggested
earlier.

That's the right thing to do *IFF* 192.168.132.0 is a properly routed
part of the intranet.

If 192.168.132.0 truly is an isolated interconnect then telling SRSS
otherwise will break everything.

Surely not "everything".  What are you envisioning?

From Suzanna's experience with
'-L on' and then trying to 'utswitch -h skb-linux' from ndssr01 I'd have
to believe that 192.168.132.0 really is an isolated interconnect.

I think so too.  But I don't see a problem with using -A, what problem
do you see?  Craig is right that she'll have to use the 192.* addresses
instead of the public IP addresses, however.  Is this what you were
referring to?  That's the one advantage to using the Interconnect - it
will translate the public IP to the appropriate private one internally.

I strongly suspect that Suzanna never restarted SRSS after utadm -L on,
otherwise we'd see "U" for all interfaces on all networks.

-Bob

Craig -- why do you think it isn't an isolated interconnect?

Suzanna -- is this 192.168.132.0 supposed to be reachable from
the rest of your network, or is it supposed to be a private isolated
subnet?

OttoM.
__
ottomeister

Disclaimer: These are my opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.