Hi,

I have a Sun Ray Server on the subnet 192.168.1.0 / 255.255.255.0, and I need to use a Sun Ray DTU on a different subnet 192.168.4.0 / 255.255.255.0 with a different DHCP server of the SRS, or at home through internet.

What do I need to configure on the Sun Ray Server for that?

Sun Ray at home (ADSL):
You need to either expose the SRS to the internet by giving it a publicly accessible ipaddress and use the GUI-firmware of the new Sun Rays to enter the public ipaddress of the sun ray server (no dhcp required in this case)

Sun Ray in another subnet (LAN):
Ue the new Sun Ray firmware as well and enter the ipaddress of the sun ray server, e.g. 192.168.1.1.

You can follow the second approach as well for a Sun Ray in a branch office or at home. In this case I recommend to not expose the srs to the internet but configure open vpn on both sides (requires extra hardware on the client side, e.g. an old sun box, telco server, linksys router with wrt,...). It's free, effective and secure and alsoallows you to print to network printers connected in the branch office of ar home. :-)

In both cases no special configuration of the sun ray server is required.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

  Andreas