Bob Doolittle wrote:
Did you reboot after running utinstall?
Does your custom.conf file contain the necessary Sun Ray configuration lines, such as BaseXsession=/etc/opt/SUNWut/gdm/Xsession.source_wrapper?

urg - this should only be present on SLES, not RHEL/CentOS systems, sorry.

Nevertheless if you're not getting AUDIODEV set something is going wrong in the xinitrc.d area, or else utaudio itself. CentOS is supposed to be identical to RHEL, is it possible that it's exec'ing rather than sourcing those scripts? You might try instrumenting /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc.d/0100.SUNWut to see if it's getting executed at all - maybe try setting a simple environment variable and see if you see its definition in your session.

Also, try running utaudio by hand - does it print out a device name? Try setenv'ing AUDIODEV to that device name by hand, and then starting up xmms or some sound application.

-Bob

-Bob

Goodman, William wrote:
I have been searching and searching to find if anyone (in the world) has
got the Sun Ray DTU (model SunRay 1 and SunRay 170) to play sound under SRSS 4.1 on CentOS 5.2. I get console beeps, but
that's it. I can not hear streaming video (cnn.com) or hear
any gnome applications sounds. Does anyone have this problems. Could
anyone help. Here's some logistics:
when I echo $AUDIODEV = nothing returned I looked to see if I have /tmp/SUNWut/dev/utautio/* = no dev directory when I do a ./utsetting I get:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] bin]# ./utset
Version: SunRayP4-GUI4.1_50_2008.09.25.12.37 (read only)
Audio Input Mic Gain: 58
Audio Input Line In Gain L: 0
Audio Input Line In Gain R: 0
Audio Input Select: Microphone
Audio Input Monitor Volume: 0
Audio Output Volume: 23
Audio Output Balance: 22
Audio Output Treble: 4
Audio Output Bass: 5
Audio Output Select: Auto
Audio Output Headphone Detected: no
Audio Output Mute: off
Audio Output Stereo Enhance: on
Mouse Threshold: 4
Mouse Acceleration: 2.0
Display Timing 1: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Display Blanking: on
Video Brightness: 128
Video Contrast: 7
Video Color: 46
Video Tint: 128
Video Filter: 3
Video Color Trap: on
Also under /opt/SUNWut/bin utaudio and utxconfig are dead links I' m confused... Bill