Hi all,

I'm doing some research regarding to mounting mass storage devices on the
Sun-Ray clients, such as pendrives, etc.

The issue I've noticed is that once the user has plugged in the device, it
takes too long to mount the device with the corresponding risk of the user
removing & replugging the device meanwhile because he thinks "it's not
working". When I say "too long" I mean about 45 seconds to fully mount a
8GB device.

The process seems to be that there's a 'utstoraged' process running, with
almost zero resource use. When the user plugs in the device, it rises to
cca. 20% of CPU usage for the 45 second mentioned interval, then decreases
to its 'normal' state.

As this is a binary, I don't really know why it takes too long to mount the
device. Nowadays, a 8GB capacity external storage is very easy to find and
I'm concerned this would be a problem because users are impatient and would
begin unplugging and replugging the device.

The machine on which it's running has pretty enough resources, 16GB of RAM
+ 12CPUs, so I don't think this would be the problem.

Is this the expected behavior? Is there a way to enhace the performance a
little bit? If not, is there at least a way to notify the user with a
message like "I'm mounting your device, please, be patient, once I'm done,
I'll open up a window with the content"?

Thank you!