Damn you are forcing some ancient brain cells out of retirement...

https://blogs.oracle.com/alanc/entry/changing_the_greeting
https://blogs.oracle.com/ThinGuy/entry/customizing_dtlogin_graphics
https://blogs.oracle.com/thaniwa/entry/en_customizing_of_the_screen

        -alan-

On 06/11/15 12:07 AM, Miloslav Leporis wrote:
/etc/dt/config/C/styleModern contains:
- definition of PIXAPDIR, where are by default located pixmap (xpm)
pictures to be shown on logon page
#ifndef PIXMAPDIR
#define PIXMAPDIR /usr/dt/config/images
#endif

-  specification of pixmap file(s) to be used
e.g.
Dtlogin*table_logo.labelPixmap:         PIXMAPDIR/sunLogo.pm

Dtlogin*matte1.backgroundPixmap:
PIXMAPDIR/CoolStart-backdrop_customized.pm.gz