> Mutt and mail savvy user here. It's my daily use client, I use a lot of
> it's features such as threading, tagging, header caching (for imap).
>
> What it truly lacks, even though slightly supported by IMAP, is full-body
> search of email, indexing, etc.

I've been a long time mutt user before switching to sup a few years ago. Mutt
indeed lacks proper searching and indexing, but for this I found mairix [1],
which with some scripting [2], .muttrc [3] configuration and a cronjob [4] can
be integrated into mutt pretty seamless.

I eventually switched to sup not mainly for of the indexing/searching, but
because of the unique way sup keeps track of threads.

Now that sup is pretty much dead I find myself poking around in the
source more and more often, but maybe it is about time to switch back to
mutt for more stability :(

1. http://www.rpcurnow.force9.co.uk/mairix/

2. ~/bin/searchmail

   #!/bin/sh

   echo -n "Search for: "
   read expr

   echo $expr

   if [ "$expr" = "" ]; then
           clear
           mairix --help
           read
           exit
   fi

   mairix $expr

3. .muttrc

   macro index <esc>s !searchmail\nc=searched\n
   macro pager <esc>s !searchmail\nc=searched\n

4. crontab

   */10 * * * *   ~/bin/mairix

--
:wq