On 1/19/2015 2:31 PM, Jonathan de Boyne Pollard wrote:
Avery Payne:
> * implement a ./wants directory.  [...]
> * implement a ./needs directory.  [...]
> * implement a ./conflicts directory.  [...]

Well this looks familiar.

I ducked out of ./needs and ./conflicts for the time being; if I spend too much time with making those features then the scripts won't move forward. I'm already several weeks "behind" in my own schedule that I have set for scripts.

Before you read further, including to my next message, get yourself a copy of nosh and read the manual pages therein for service-manager(1) and system-control(1), paying particular attention in the latter to the section entitled "Service bundles".

Then grab the nosh Guide and read the new interfaces chapter. On a Debian system this would be:

    xdg-open /usr/local/share/doc/nosh/new-interfaces.html

Sounds like I have my homework cut out. I will do so as soon as I can, although I warn you that it joins an already-long list of material to read and think about.