Hi

On Wed, 2008-07-23 at 00:22 -0700, Tim Traver wrote:
> ok, I am on FreeBSD 7.0, and have successfully compiled apache 1.3.41,
> and compiled and installed suphp 0.6.3.
>
> But, when I try to start apache, I get the following error :
>
> Cannot load /usr/local/apache/libexec/mod_suphp.so into server:
> /usr/local/apache/libexec/mod_suphp.so: Undefined symbol "core_module"
> /bin/apache start: httpd could not be started
>
> This seems rather strange, as the core_module should be available to any
> of the apache modules...

That looks like you're trying to use a module compiled using the Apache
2 API rather than Apache 1. Can you add a new option to your configure
line?

--with-apr=DIR|FILE   prefix for installed APR, path to APR build tree,
                      or the full path to apr-config

That should get you out of this problem, by picking the right Apache
version. I hope. You don't also have an Apache 2 installation on the
same machine, do you?

Graeme