Marius, I'm sorry - I hit the wrong checkbox and blacklisted you  instead of
white-listing. Fixed.

I'll reply shortly.

Andrey

---- On Fri, 30 Jun 2017 05:42:21 -0700
<support-list-boun...@support.elphel.com> wrote ----

========================= Forwarded message =========================

Subject: Re: [Elphel-support] Cameras and processing modules for Self Driving
Cars Vision System
From: "Marius Slavescu"<mar...@gtarobotics.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2017 08:41:58 -0400
To: "Elphel Support"<support-list@support.elphel.com>

------------------------- Contents -------------------------

  Hi Andrey,
 Thank you for getting back to me!
 I'm trying to figure out what FPGAs and components I should get to build smart
cameras that supports 1-4 x 1080P 60FPS (or better) low light (2+um pixel)
sensors, for open source robotics and self driving car development.

 I understand these solutions may not be cheap or easy to approach, I'm trying
to see what can be used best and relatively future proof as starting point for
open source development in this area. OSSDC being a global community driven
project, I'm also looking at affordable solutions that I can promote to be used
for development and testing of SDC algorithms all around the world, as OSSDC
target is global full autonomy (not only applicable in certain areas).
 Would be great if you could give me some ideas of what configurations I should
try (my budget is very limited for now), and which IPs may help get started
faster.
 I'll post soon more details about the OSSDC platform architecture and Smart
Camera, here are some things we collected, more discussions happed on OSSDC
Slack (ossdc.org):
     https://github.com/OSSDC/OSSDC-SmartCamera/issues/1

https://medium.com/@mslavescu/what-about-putting-a-computer-vision-processor-on-the-camera-or-sensor-platform-itself-d0622b24f5c
 I'm also looking into HDMI capture solutions (for both cameras and gaming
consoles/PCs):

https://medium.com/@mslavescu/hdmi-capture-and-analysis-on-fpga-for-just-150-8b34652b0b0c

https://medium.com/@mslavescu/get-ready-to-race-ai-with-us-at-ossdc-org-b741e266e362

 I assume this is the 3D camera you mention, would be possible to use a
different sensor to increase the frame rate and also is it possible to get
uncompressed video to the PC (to do further processing on raw data using Nvidia
GPUs):

     https://www3.elphel.com/stereo_setup
 Stereo (multi) camera with dense depth maps would perfect for SDC, that what I
think is necessary to achieve full autonomy at relatively low cost.

 Thank you,
 Marius