Hello Winson,

We do not have any C/C++ code for stereo matching and calibration. It is a very
mature area and there is a lot of software that can be used for that purpose,
the best is probably OpenCV. We could not possibly write some magic in-house
code that would significantly outperform what many very good software
developers have done over many years. Elphel binocular stereo cameras may be
calibrated and processed with Open CV or any other existing programs. The
lenses are good and have low geometric distortion so you should not have
problems using such software.

We do make special cameras and calibrate them - all the programs are free
software (GPLv3) and we post blog articles about how we do that. Our focus is
on the area of combining precise hardware  (that can provide imaging data not
yet possible with the cellphone cameras) and the software developed for such
cameras. In this specific area we can make a difference even with or limited
development resources.

The camera sensors we use for calibration have pre-selected lenses (we measure
all and keep only the best ~50%), the sensor front ends (SFE) use precise
thermal compensation (there are blog posts about it, all the mechanical parts
are documented on our wiki). Then we adjust the SFE and glue them in two stages
- UV glue first, then epoxy with low thermal expansion. And finally we
calibrate these SFE (and the complete  multi-sensor systems) using our 7 meters
by 3 meters pattern and Java software
(https://git.elphel.com/Elphel/imagej-elphel).

For the distance measurements we use 4-sensor (not just binocular) cameras -
you probably have seen the results, and current software uses the same Java
code. It is far from real-time, and this is why I'm working on the FPGA code of
what the Java program was just an emulation/prototype. Our current FPGA
development is here - https://git.elphel.com/Elphel/x393/tree/dct/dsp , but it
is far from being finished (major development started just a month ago). When
done it will provide results that are currently possible only with active,
LIDAR/ToF-based systems, and we plan to eventually implement such image
processing systems with teh custom ASIC.

Andrey

---- On Wed, 20 Dec 2017 19:16:59 -0800 Winston
Zhang<winston.zh...@blacksesame.com.cn> wrote ----

    Hi, Andrey
       Ok, I will resend the email to support mailing. I means that do you have
some C/C++ source code for developer. I searched the wiki web, and could not
find some cues or C/C++ source codes about how to complete the stereo
calibration and stereo matching.