Well sheesh.  Maybe all I needed to do was email you. The device did show
up in /proc/asound/cards.  Aplay didn't show anything since it's an arecord
device only.  I got it working and have nice sound transport over the
network now.  This should work great.

Hopefully we can get the 393's revisited in the next vehicle iteration.
I've been recoding our control interface and am interested in porting your
new 393 JP4 javascript code.  We've wanted a better way to try raw mode for
a while.

Thanks for the response today,
David