Hello Ali,

On Semiconductor purchased most of the other US sensor manufacturers. That
particular MT9M001 you mention (as well as MT9P006 we use in most applications)
was first produced by Micron ("MT" means "Micron Technology"), then it was
Aptina, and finally On Semiconductor. They even own Kodak CCDs now - completely
different technology.

Support of a new sensor requires 3 parts:

1) Physical PCB for the sensor - most sensors have different pinouts and
interface requirements

2) FPGA design that supports the interface

3) Kernel driver to support the sensor operation.

As all the 3 listed parts are free software/open hardware at Elphel, it is
possible to perform development w/out us and there is an example when engineers
from Lithuania interfaced high-speed CMOSIS sensor themselves. So it is doable,
though not very simple. We will definitely provide help and answer questions
that we are able to, but the development itself is yours.

We do not have ready to use solution for the VITA200.

Andrey

---- On Sat, 07 Mar 2020 08:25:42 -0800 ali tamimi <tamimial...@gmail.com>
wrote ----