Hi Oleg,

thanks for the timely feedback, let me answer inline:

Am 22.06.20 um 19:44 schrieb Oleg:
Hi,

When stacking images vertically the mux board let's the 1st sensor (top image) through w/o buffering in SDRAM. The second is buffered. So, it could be SDRAM phase.

Well, this is definitely involved - when I set the right clock parameters, I could get reasonable picture content again (although only on one image).
1. What firmware version are you using?
~# cat /etc/issue
or
~# cat /etc/release

[root@Elphel353 /root]817# cat /etc/release
JFFSID="8.2.15"

close to .16 but not exactly - does an upgrade in the field make sense?

2. If the firmware is 8.2.16 (hopefully), then the phase settings are available through the camera parameters: http://192.168.0.9/autocampars.php -> check 'unsafe' - in the table you will find:

    MULTI_PHASE_SDRAM
    MULTI_PHASE1
    MULTI_PHASE2
    MULTI_PHASE3

Check the values from a camera that works ok. And try to fix them for a bad camera from this autocampars page (not 10359_controls.html, which communicates directly with fpga - cannot not store settings across reboots) Once you set the values, go back to http://192.168.0.9/autocampars.php and 'save' the config in the second table. Then reboot.

ok great, will try it this way, guess that's what I was missing.
3. Has anything changed recently? Like you stored a new configuration? Reboot often? Applied any changes? The camera stores and loads its firmware from flash - sometimes the fs or some file there would get corrupted when changes to the filesystem are applied but not properly synced. With a single lens camera most of the trouble was usually caused by /etc/autocampars.xml going corrupt. Then backing it up, removing the file and then rebooting (it autoregenerated on reboot if not there) might help. Note - if you manipulate files manually from a command line - run 'sync' when done. Then repeat step 2 if firmware is 8.2.16.

The maintenaince guys did a few reboots last week (suspected troubles with a poe switch) and I am hoping that this is the cause of the trouble.... I bit-compared the bit files, they're identical to a running camera. The xml files looked fine as well.

Will try around more and come back to you - thanks a lot!

Simon

Regards,
Oleg