Hi William,

Could you provide a bit more details?
Note: In the comments below I use the camera's default ip address -
192.168.0.9.

1. When recording freezes is the compressor still running?

> Refresh this page a few times: http://192.168.0.9:8081/meta
> Check the FrameNumber is getting updated.

or just check if the images are being refreshed in the control interface:

> http://192.168.0.9/camvc.html

2. Is autoexposure on? Can it get above 100ms? This will result in a
reduced frame rate.
Have you tried recording with fixed exposure or limiting it?

To limit autoexposure, go to parameter editor and change AUTOEXP_EXP_MAX,
here's a quick link
<http://192.168.0.9/parsedit.php?title=Parameters+for+groups:+autoexposure+&EXPOS&AUTOEXP_ON&AUTOEXP_EXP_MAX&AEXP_FRACPIX&AEXP_LEVEL&HDR_DUR&HDR_VEXPOS&AE_THRESH&AE_PERIOD&HIST_DIM_01&HIST_DIM_23>.
Try 100000 or less.

3. Do you use http://192.168.0.9/camogmgui.php for recording?

If the frame rate got limited by long exposure and you use the web
interface - my guess is the web server got overwhelmed with status requests
from the recording interface - you won't be able to refresh the page as
well.

4. Do you use internal HDD or external SATA? It's probably not relevant but
still.

5. What's the camera firmware?
It is printed on the camera's front page.

Best regards,
Oleg Dzhimiev
Electronics Engineer
phone: +1 801 783 5555 x124