Subject: [Elphel-support] Help on short distance focusing [SEC=UNOFFICIAL]
From: "XIONG, Norman"<n...@ansto.gov.au>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2022 05:41:15 +0000
To: "Elphel Support"<support-list@support.elphel.com>

------------------------- Contents -------------------------

 Dear Elphel Support team,

Can you advise on how to make the picture bright enough for a short distance
focus?

We have a NC353L system with a 55mm F#1.8 lens. And we need to focus on an
object that is 340mm away from the lens. When I expand the aperture to make the
picture bright, I can't make it focus. If I make it focus, I have to change the
depth and it becomes very dark. Is there a way to improve the brightness for
such a short distance focusing,
 such as adding a spacer to the lens system?

The system configuration:

FPS: 60

Manual Exposure: 250ms

Auto WB: OFF

Auto Exposure: OFF

Please see attached image snapshot and configuration files for detail.

Thank you.

Regards,

Norman