That's the way I do it - IIRC, you may have to set up the 'allow' for
that subnet to go out, but you will definitely need to set one up to
deny from them to LAN (or some subset thereof).

The nice thing is that I have my own ISC DHCP/BIND setup on my LAN,
but I can just let pfSense take care of that other subnet so they're
completely isolated.