People from R&S INFO:

R&S INFO is an IT Company based in Parma and Milano, Italy, offering
integrated IT solutions and consulting services. Both an engineering and a
management consulting company, R&S conceptualizes, develops and implements
bottom-line solutions for business and IT transformation. The needs of our
Clients and Users have been constantly triggering ideas for international
R&D projects. The long collaboration with prestigious Academies and
Industrial Organisations all over Europe is still maintaining R&S INFO to
the highest standards of competence and technology innovation. In the AAL
context, R&S INFO is partner in the Consortium of EU project PERSONA.

Sergio Copelli obtained the Degree (with Honor) in Electronic Engineering at
the University of Pisa in 1975, and the Degree and Post-graduate Degree
(with Honor) at “Scuola Superiore S.Anna” of Pisa in 1977. From 1975 to 1982
he was with Olivetti SpA, R&D department in Ivrea, as Project manager in the
sector of basic software and networks. In 1978-1979 he was with GSG Inc,
Boston, as project manager of data management systems. From 1982 to 1990 he
was with ARG SpA, Milano, as director R&D. From 1987 to 1995 he was
President of the Consortium DATANET ASSOCIATI (Olivetti, Fiat/Telettra,
TECNOPOLIS, ARG) for the development of telemedicine systems. From 1995 to
date he is the Director of R&S INFO.

I am Michele Amoretti, I graduated in Electronic Engineering and obtained
the Ph.D. degree in Information Technologies at the University of Parma. I
work as a researcher and technical consultant in R&S since 2006. My research
activity focuses on formal and simulative characterization of distributed
adaptive systems, and on the design and development of context-aware and
service-oriented architectures.

Regards,

Michele

On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 4:24 PM, Francesco Furfari <
francesco.furf...@isti.cnr.it> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I invite all of you to introduce yourselves, so we can know who we are :).
> I will start by introducing people from CNR
>

> Stefano Chessa, Stefano Lenzi and me (Francesco Furfari) are the CNR people
> who started to work on AAL thanks to the PERSONA project. CNR had a small
> role in PERSONA and our contribution were mainly on the integration of
> ZigBee technology on OSGi platform and the core middleware of the PERSONA
> platform.
> Stefano Chessa is associated with the Wireless Network Laboratory from
> University of Pisa where he teaches Wireless Sensor Networks, helped
> sometimes by the lab's people. Stefano Lenzi and me are the people who have
> some practical experience with the open source development, in particular
> with the the Apache Software community: I used such experience to push all
> of you in this adventure.
>
> Francesco Potortì is one more senior researcher at the lab who has
> experience with the Open Source world, in particular with the Italian
> Associazione Software Libero. He joined this year the universAAL project and
> he is new to AAL, but he was awarded during the second plenary meeting of
> universAAL for his strong contribution to the project's kick off. Without
> his help my work as Exploitation Manager and WP leader would be very hard.
>
> Paolo Barsocchi, Alberto Gotta, and Gabriele Oligeri have recently obtained
> their PhD. As you may  guess they love formulas and write papers, they are
> approaching this activity with some apprehension, but I bet they will be
> enthusiastic to work on the organization of EvAAL contest.
>
> Giovanni Lombardi is the technician who joined our group few months ago,
> and I think he is still deciding whether it was a good move for him ... soon
> a lot of extra work for setting up AALOA infrastructures ;-)
>
> Finally Erina Ferro is our boss. We have to thank Erina for many things,
> but in particular because she helped to convince the head of our institute
> to sustain AALOA. If the community around AALOA will grow in the next years
> and will promote an open standards policy we will have the support of our
> institute over time.
>
> That's all from the CNR, it is the first time we provide such "service" to
> a community so I hope you will have some understanding of any possible
> inefficiency form our side.
>
> regards
> francesco

Michele Amoretti, Ph.D.