Dear all,

my name is François Letellier. Please find my bio below:

I am a freelance consultant on open innovation and open-source software. I
help innovative entrepreneurs and start-ups pursue open innovation
strategies, secure funding and operate successful business models. I also
acts as an expert for innovation support institutions, deliver higher
education lectures and am strongly involved in communities related to open
IT innovation. I spent four years with INRIA, the French National Research
Center in Computer Science and Automation, as marcom director and executive
director of ObjectWeb. Previously I co-founded a software engineering
business where I served five years and worked for global corporations like
France Telecom and Michelin. I have a master degree in computer science and
20 years of experience.

Best regards

2010/7/28 Vicenç Soler <vicenc.so...@uab.cat>

> Dear all,
>
> My name is Vicenç Soler and I work in the group GBIO of the Center
> CIBER-BBN (Bioenginnering, Biomaterials and Nanomedicine), located at the
> School of Engineering of the Universitat Autonoma of Barcelona (UAB), Spain.
> I also work as associated teacher at the Dept. of Microelectronics and
> Electronic Systems of UAB. Our workgroup has three arms: two of them located
> at both centers mentioned above, and the third arm is at National Center of
> Microelectronics (CNM) of CSIC (our spanish research council).
>
> Summarizing, our main experience is located in the following fields:
>
> - Design, development and manufacture of bio-sensors based on ad-hoc micro
> and nano technologies. Usually we develop projects in the HEALTH and ICT
> areas, and an example of an EU project nearer to the field of AAL is
> CHRONIC, that consists in monitoring bio-signals of patients at their home.
> We also were involved in PERSONA project.
>
> - Develop specific Machine Learning algorithms (Soft Computing) that
> analyze the data coming from the sensors in order to determine diseases
> on-time.
>
> - Develop hardware and software designed to improve the quality of life of
> elderly and blind people (haptic applications, mobile applications, etc.).
> An example is the current NOMS project (EU project), which tries to build a
> visual-aid tablet for visually impaired people which may be attached to
> computers, I-Pods, mobile phones, etc.  The device will utilise novel
> developments in optically-actuated nano-composite materials.
>

> Vicenç Soler.

Francois Letellier
Open innovation and open-source software
Tel: +33 6 84 64 00 24 - Skype: francois.letellier
Web site: http://www.flet.fr

OW2 - Board Member and member of the European Local Chapter - www.ow2.org
ACONIT - www.aconit.org - Board member
APRIL - www.april.org
fOSSa: the conference "where Open Source meets Academia" -
http://www.ow2.org/fossaconference