>Date:    Sat, 13 Mar 1999 23:54:50 +0200
   >I am going to start selling old computers for low prices for
   >people who cannot afford new expensive computers. mainly by
<snip...>

   >I want to be able to use the Arachne dialer to connect to the
   >internet, but without actually running Arachne. This is because
   >of a program-menu I will put in the computer. I want to put
   >a "dial to the internet" option in it, which will use the
<snip...>

Funny you should ask.  I wrote my own dialer program. Basically, it
will dial the ISP, execute a logon script, then set DTR high before
exiting, letting your applications take over the Comm port. It is
extremely stable, easy to cancel if necessary, returns 6 different
logical Errorlevels, and even plays some musical notes once it
connects, to alert you in case you've gone into the next room, or are
otherwise occupied.  It can also 'WaitFor' any of 10 different
'Receive' strings from the ISP, and then jump to any point in the
script, depending on the string it receives.  The user can also easily
insert a delay for re-dialing at reasonable intervals, in case the ISP
is busy.

I use it as a replacement for the 'Chat.exe' program bundled with
DOSPPPD.

Here is the File_id.diz file:

DialPC V1.00.  Freeware!  MS-DOS. DialPC is
an easy to use software tool for use with
your modem.  One example of DialPC's use is
to call your ISP, then exit, leaving DTR high
to allow a packet driver to immediately latch
the same comm port.  DialPC features a
comprehensive script command set, the ability
to 'jump to' any label, to delay & re-dial in
case of 'Busy' signal, etc.  Returns logical
Errorlevels for testing in *.bat files.

It is freeware, and very extensively documented.  I would be happy to
email you the program, or any lurkers, as well.

Also, I've been looking for an FTP repository where I could place this
program.  Does anyone know of a good place?

-- [EMAIL PROTECTED][EMAIL PROTECTED]  Anderson, IN, USA

DOS = Your PC.  Windows = Your PC on drugs.  Any questions?

Net-Tamer V 1.11X - Test Drive