Hi Keith and All,
--- Keith Addison <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > "Have we a response for this problem ??. For
> sure, itīs the question of
> >the
> > > future of biofuels"
> >
> >Aye. I agree with Pedro. The money will go to the
> most effective lobbying ,
> >more dedicated to nuclear means less for renewables
> research. Nuclear has
> >had its  chance, and share of the public treasury
> for decades. Time to shift
> >to renewables.
> >
> >"Who cares"? On this point, at least, we should.
> And the response is clear.
> >Don't let the $ go there.
> >
> >Ed B.
> >www.biofuels.ca
>
> Yea, I'll second that (third it?). Maybe we can
> shift this discussion
> from the pros and cons of nukes to how best to
> accomplish such an aim.
    There should be no subsidies for any nukes, coal
or fossil fuels, that is how we got into this energy
mess in the first place.
     If there were no subsidies for them, biofuels
would be cheaper than them, thus used now. Oil is said
to be over $100 a barrel ( Wall Street Journal) if the
subsidies were not there.  I'd guess it's about $60 to
$80 a barrel.
      Biodiesel and other biofuels only cost under $50
a barrel now, if the true cost of petroleum was
charged the world would be a better place.
    Not to mention the increased number of jobs, less
pollution, better balance of payments, national
security and decentralization of energy sources.
      I support only a temporary subsidy for RE's to
catch up and removal of the present fossil fuel
subsidies.
      I've been in contact with my and other
congressmen, no women yet in my area, about RE and
stopping corporate welfare, subsidies to the fossil
fuel, corporate farms and other industries.
      In the US it only take a couple of hundred of
phone calls, letters to impress politicians enough to
do something. They don't get many.
   I am sorry I posted about nukes and will not do it
again. I didn't think it would take up this much
bandwidth.
                Thanks,
                     jerry dycus

> Keith Addison