Sounds like Wiltholt has already bioengineered some heavy duty smokeums.
I'm not selling my generator just yet.
Kirk

-----Original Message-----
From: Ted Swarts [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, October 27, 2001 7:34 PM
To: biofuel@yahoogroups.com; [EMAIL PROTECTED];
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [biofuel] Electricity From Trees

Electricity From Trees
October 26, 2001

Biotechnology may be our planets best hope for developing sustainable energy
sources and all sorts of interesting research is taking place in this realm
but one idea advocated by Bernard Wiltholt of Zurich's Swiss Institute Of
Technology may very well give new meaning to the concept of green energy. At
a recent scientific conference in Berlin, Wiltholt suggested that trees
might be genetically engineered to produce electricity using the
bioprocesses of electric eels (source: Vancouver Province, October 25, 2001,
page A33c).

Without access to any literature referencing this technology, I'm reluctant
to endorse the idea but it is easy to imagine just how hopeful or hopeless
it actually is. Plant a couple of eTrees in your yard and voila, all your
power needs are fulfilled, assuming you can find the damn power outlets, of
course.

Ted Swarts Kelowna, British Columbia

---
Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.