From: Neoteric Biofuels Inc. [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, October 27, 2001 8:24 PM
To: biofuel@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [biofuel] Electricity From Trees

on 10/27/01 6:33 PM, Ted Swarts at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

eTrees maybe not...but there are tropical trees that are serious sources of
oil. M.Oleifera is one example. The power outlet is the seeds, but you gotta
squish em first, and then get a diesel.

nice to see more Kelowna folks on the list.

"Biofuels in the Valley...live from the Westside"
Ed B.
www.biofuels.ca

PS: Blues fans...tune into www.kplu.org right now. Live stream, gret tunes
from PLU in Wa. State!

> Electricity From Trees
> October 26, 2001
>
> Biotechnology may be our planets best hope for developing sustainable
energy
> sources and all sorts of interesting research is taking place in this
realm
> but one idea advocated by Bernard Wiltholt of Zurich's Swiss Institute Of
> Technology may very well give new meaning to the concept of green energy.
At a
> recent scientific conference in Berlin, Wiltholt suggested that trees
might be
> genetically engineered to produce electricity using the bioprocesses of
> electric eels (source: Vancouver Province, October 25, 2001, page A33c).
>
> Without access to any literature referencing this technology, I'm
reluctant to
> endorse the idea but it is easy to imagine just how hopeful or hopeless it
> actually is. Plant a couple of eTrees in your yard and voila, all your
power
> needs are fulfilled, assuming you can find the damn power outlets, of
course.

> Ted Swarts Kelowna, British Columbia

> Please do NOT send "unsubscribe" messages to the list address.
> To unsubscribe, send an email to:

---
Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.

Monitoring Service trial