The point is that you cannot possibly get anything but plain ascii text
email from the biofuels list -- no html email, no attachments -- therefore you
cannot get a virus from the list. You can, however, get a virus from someone on
the list who sends to you privately,
offlist, an html email. But unsubscribing from this list to avoid viruses is
silly.
    And note that not all lists have html and attachments turned off --- for
those lists I would change my subsription to digest only, which also gets rid
of html and attachments.

Mati Kokk wrote:

> Those people who use MS Outlook Express or MS Outlook for reading e-mails,
> can get virus into their computer even from such a message which does not
> contain attachment files.   Pre-viewing of an infected e-mail message without
> attachment file is sufficient to get infected.

     Well, the answer is pretty simple -- stop using those virus magnets, and
you'll solve 99% of the virus problem. But even if you are using them, you
still can't get a virus from biofuels propagated email.

> My computer got the Badtrans virus from this list, but Norton Antivirus in my
> computer immediately recognized the virus and killed it.
>
> Mati Kokk

See What You've Been Missing!
Amazing Wireless Video Camera.
Click here