Dana,

I think I answered my own question. I think you're talking about heating
the SVO after the injection pump but before the injectors. So apart from
the need to plumb into the (hard) line from the pump to the injectors,
the only problem I see is: will the solenoid valve - either the plastic
motor-drive Pollack  or the junkyard diesel valves - take the added heat
of a coolant heater (remembering that Racor's unit raises the temp. as
much as 89 degrees F) or Neoteric's proposed HD Vegetherm (my term, not
Neoteric's.)

Otherwise, I get it.

Thanks,
Craig

You wrote:

> > Yes, that is the plan. Heat just enough WVO to get it
> > to liquify and flow easily into the lines where it is
> > heated further. Then an electric "boost warmer" close
> > to the injection pump...or better yet after
> > it...slaved to the SVO switch.
>
> I'm not clear here - a boost warmer after the injection pump? Don't
> you want
> it before the pump? I'm probably not understanding the role of the
> "slaved
> to the SVO switch" part.
>

> > I plan on using a Hose ON Hose. It is what I use now
> > and avoids the possability of coolant mixing with SVO.
> > In the reconversion though I will use poly tubing
> > bundled together outer with a foam cover rather than
> > the coolant hose and fuel line I used last time...much
> > less expensive. Simple, cheap, safe.
>
> By Hose On Hose do you mean simply zip-tying your  (poly?) fuel lines
> the  (poly?) coolant lines to and from your version of the Hot STK?
> That's
> what I was planning on doing - only my coolant lines were going to
> heat the
> false bottom on the tank - but since Steve (and you) introduced me to
> the
> idea of the Hot STK (and Motie pointed out that since it's made for
> huge
> truck tanks it should bring out smaller tanks up to close to 170F)
> I've
> jumped ship to the Hot STK camp.
>

> > No, but they are pretty basic and could be welded up
> > cheaply by any welder. I would be happy to supply a
> > design. Maybe Ed Beggs would be interested in
> > becomming a supplier if there is no patent in effect.
> > Do you know how much the Webb "hotstick" heaters cost?
>
> Motie posted about $70. Hard to beat, I'd think - but you're not
> talking
> about a casting, obviously. I'd be happy to copy your design, or buy
> one
> from you (or Ed.)
>

> > I think that it would be simple to retrofit the
> > existing diesel tanks in converted vehicles by
> > dropping the tank and cutting a hole in the top. A
> > hotstick would be slipped in till it nearly touched
> > the bottom and then be epoxied in place. A slight
> > angle would work even better than vertical.
>
> Couldn't a flange with a Viton (or something similar) gasket be used
> instead
> of epoxy - just so you could pull it if you ever wanted to?
>
> Craig
>

>                    Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
                            [Image]

> For "getting started and basic information" please visit
> the following website:
>
> http://delorean.connect-2.co.uk/vegoil-diesel/index.htm

Win a Capcom Console Game of Your Choice Or Even a Capcom Arcade System. Click
Here to Enter.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/tmpz8B/exbDAA/ySSFAA/FGYolB/TM