Thanks Keith. Though I must clear out something... I was talking of HCl,
Hydrochloric acid, not Nitric Acid (HNO3), which I do understand is a main
chemical in the synthesis of various explosives (a friend of a close friend
of mine did pass away in a lab explosion some years ago).

The reference to HCl was found in the Morrison & Boyd book on organic
chemistry (I think it`s Prentice, or Mc Graw)

One thing more, somewhere in journeytoforever it said small batches were
exothermic enough
to maintain the temperature close enough to 55 ¼C. If so, up to what volume
is this true?

Thanks for the advice & concern.

Regards,

Christian