The burner will not flood the floor with oil because: The oil is pumped up, and
just flows back down. There is no gravity-fed tank, if the pump quits the flame
goes out. If the flame quits, the pump just pumps oil up and it flows back to
the bottom. I don't see any danger there.
Maybe I'm missing something?
-Martin K

--- joewk2000 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> <What is it that you see as so unsafe?
>
> Well, Harmon, I guess the only Babington burner thing I have a real
> problem is is the "flowing" oil that is obviously pumped.  Not even
> as much the flowing oil but a concern for flameout should it occur.
> And this is not a problem if you have the necessary "Honeywell"
> controls to kill the pump and blower with a flame out condition.
> One hates to leave an oil pump (or even a head tank filled with oil)
> that might flood the floor of one's shop or cause the insurance
> inspector to look at your fire damage claim with a "jaundiced eye."

=====
-Martin Klingensmith
http://devzero.ath.cx/
http://www.nnytech.net/