Hi all

Thanks for doing this.

>I've done it, I found that I had to click on 'next page' after it stalled
>out and it took forever to get to each page.
>
>Greg H.
>

>I did and breezed right through Keith.

Lucky you!

>Hopefully your
>troubles were due to a massive groudswell of yahoo
>users filling out the survey and explaining that the
>service has deteriorated and maybe they should think
>about improving that before they get greedier.
>
>Dana

It's a nice thought, Dana. But I'm finding since that Yahoo is very
often difficult to work with now. Trying to work at the list website
gives me stall after stall half the time, with the odd "Oops!" - this
site/page/group is temporarily unavailable. Other times it's okay,
more or less. The service has definitely deteriorated, in more ways
than one.

Motie wrote:

>I own a couple of groups also, and 4 Clubs on Yahoo, and subscribe to
>many more of both. I got one notice about paying to have the ads
>removed. I got no notice of this new news.

It was you who advised me of that. Here's this wondrous hi-tech
Internet communications leading light, and you need grapevines and
carrier pigeons to get messages from them.

>Group owners are supposed to be automatically subscribed to a List
>Owners Group. I can't access it right now, for some reason. Maybe
>they received too many complaints?
>
>Motie

>I forgot to post a link to the Group owners(moderators) group.
>
>The last message posted is dated Jan 30, 2001.
>I guess they aren't keeping up as well as they would like us to think?
>
>Motie

I guess. They abandoned that as soon as they took it all over from
eGroups a year ago. Why didn't they host a group for list owners? Run
by them, rather than an independent effort, with some sort of
presence there, so people got the idea someone somewhere may be
listening. The NBB does something like that on their web board, it
doesn't take much. Then they'd have got easy, free and direct
feedback on how to tune the service, and probably wouldn't need to do
dumb surveys like this one. Maybe they'd even have managed to keep
the level of service up to scratch - or even (gasp) improved it.

It says the membership of that Group owners group was 916672 at the
time. You'd think nearly a million clients would be worth some sort
of minimal effort.

Anyway, we'll wait and see what happens (not that we have any
choice). Don't bet your life savings on pleasant surprises. :-(

Best

Keith Addison
Journey to Forever
Handmade Projects