   Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 10:05:11 -0600
   From: "kirk" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: RE: Re: [OT] vortex tube and stirling engine

Eric, I read the 3 archives and what I previously said
still stands.
The thermal efficiency of a diesel far exceeds a
stirling.
The only time I would choose a stir;ing over a diesel
is if my fuel
were
wood, coal, biomass or solar.
None of those are useable in an internal combustion
engine.
Diesels run 15 to 25 to 1 compression. The ones 20 or
higher get
excellent
economy.
The Bourke was 50 to 1 and you could put your hand on
the exhaust
according
to a pamphlet published by the Experimental Aircraft
Assosciation.

Kirk