--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], "Christian" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I was reading Alek«s 2 stage method today, when it came upon me
that maybe, to a certain degree, we could boost efficiency a little
with a related method. It«s nothing out of this world, but still.

> Has anyone ever watched when stirring a solution with undissolved
particles still in it, that because of centrifugal forces and
velocity of the fluid, after neatly stirring in circles, the solute
will start forming a "galaxy shaped" figure. This goes for any
undissolved particles: maybe the thin foam on the surface of a cup of
tea, or the undissolved sugar at the bottom... anything. When I
say "galaxy shaped" it«s because that is what it looks like (and
because the same physics rules surely apply to the formation of
them)... i.e.: a sort of open spiral, with a core that
spiraling "tentacles" which all seem to point out following a curved
path. Sort of as if you held an octupus from above, and slightly
rotated his head with his tentacles still on the ground: from up top
you«d see the head (core) and the spiraling tentacles. But enough
about that (I hope my explanation is not too far fetched).

 That is a very intriguing possibility. I don't have time to conduct
any experiments with your idea, but I do agree it should be worth
some further investigation by someone with an interest and the time.
If anyone does any experimentation with this method of separation,
PLEASE post it here.
 I have an inkling that the diameter will have a fairly large effect
on the results, as well as the speed of rotation. This could have
many applications outside of the field of home Biodiesel production.
Fermentation projects come to mind.

Motie

Buy Stock for $4
and no minimums.