If you live near a waste processing plant or a power plant or know someone
who works there.  You can get it for free i guess.  Spent waste acids are
neutralized with CaO thus forming CaCl2.  Purity is not assured though so
better check.  They usually pay people to get rid of the stuff.

Ken

At 09:56 AM 6/13/02 +0000, you wrote:
>I have read some time before that CaCl2 can be used to "dry" alcohols
>as well as esters.
>I am not good in chemistry, but believe that reaction of CaO and HCl
>can produce CaCl 2.
>Im my country there are many manufacturers of Cao, so I could make it
>quite easy.
>
>One more question. Can this salt be recovered after it has been used
>for dehidration?
>

>Biofuel at Journey to Forever:
>
>Biofuels list archives:
>http://archive.nnytech.net/
>
>Please do NOT send "unsubscribe" messages to the list address.
>To unsubscribe, send an email to:
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Will You Find True Love?
Will You Meet the One?