Hello David

>Hello,
>
>I am currently researching the use of WVO as a fuel for generation
>of electricity in a diesel generator.
>
>I have read that deacidified veg oil is the best bet for use in a
>diesel engine. Does anyone know how this process is done?

Here's one way:

Make your own biodiesel - page 2: Deacidifying WVO
http://journeytoforever.org/biodiesel_make2.html#deacid

It depends on the diesel and on the oil. Diesel generators are good
candidates for SVO use - see:
Guide to using vegetable oil as diesel fuel -- Straight vegetable oil
as diesel fuel:
http://journeytoforever.org/biodiesel_svo.html#guide

If the oil is in good condition, you might not need to deacidify it.
You'd test that by titration - if it titrates at less than 2-3 ml,
you might be okay, especially with a generator.

Basic titration, Better titration -- Make your own biodiesel - page 2
http://journeytoforever.org/biodiesel_make2.html#titrate

>Are there any examples of the results of sustained use of SVO/WVO in
>large diesel engines?

>> http://www.biodiesel.org/cgi-local/search.cgi?action=view_report&id=GEN-292
>>
>> (See section concerning Fels, South Africa, indirect injection engines, 1800
>> hours, warranty issuance from manufacturer based on results)
>
> That should be Fuls. J., Hawkins, C.S. and Hugo, F.J.C., 1984,
> "Tractor Engine Performance on Sunflower Oil Fuel," Journal of
> Agricultural Engineering Research 30:29-35.

Hope that helps.

Best

Keith

>Thanks,