-[edited]
From: "Jeff Saunders" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject:  Alternative fuels coming to Palo Alto
Date:  Mon, 10 Jun 2002 09:50:51 -0700
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

5) BIODIESEL IN PALO ALTO
Here is a summary of what the City of Palo Alto re biodiesel
written in email by Keith LaHaie, Fleet Manager

We're replacing our main fueling facility at the Municipal
Services

Center with a new facility that will offer gasoline, diesel,
biodiesel, propane and compressed natural gas (CNG) fuel. We
also intend to construct a publicly-accessible CNG fuel
dispenser. When that facility is complete in December 2002,
we will be able to convert our entire diesel fleet to the
B20 fuel. We will also be able to replace many older
gasoline and diesel vehicles with new vehicles that run on
alternative fuels.

Currently, the City operates 70 CNG and 16 electric vehicles
(five of the electric vehicles are pending delivery).
-

=====
' ____
~/__|o\__