This is short notice for such a big leap isn't it?  However, you must be
more specific. I live in the middle of VA. Cost of living varies greatly
depending on the county, etc. I am figuring you will be working in a city,
perhaps Northern VA? If you live in the city it will cost more in rent but
less in gas. Many people here commute from rural areas. I doubt you can
function without a car altogether.  Food for one person is not too
expensive if you cook your own mostly. Do you want an apartment, house or
just a room in someone's house?  (Nearby, maybe we could help you out. )  I
rent out three houses to families for $650-$1175 a month (depending on
size). A room with shared housing privileges(kitchen, yard for pets, etc)
goes about $350.  There are cheaper things but it takes some searching.
E-mail me if you would like to ask more questions.
Caroline Graham
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

At 01:58 PM 8/6/2002 -0300, you wrote:
>Hi all.
>
>I honestly apologize in advance for using this group for a personal
>question, but I consider all members as friends, and am in desperate need
>of advice. (Sorry Keith...hope you understand)
>
>I«ve received a job proposal for a firm in Virginia, USA, which I must
>answer by tomorrow, and would like to know out of American members«
>experience how much the cost of living would roughly be there (per
>month... rent, food, some leisure, savings) to know if the proposal is
>reasonable or not. I«m 24 years old and single.
>
>Thanks to all in advance for your help.
>
>Christian

>Biofuel at Journey to Forever:
>
>Biofuels list archives:
>http://archive.nnytech.net/
>
>Please do NOT send Unsubscribe messages to the list address.
>To unsubscribe, send an email to:
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Discover Remote PC Acess Now
http://us.click.yahoo.com/p5uw2C/1ncEAA/Ey.GAA/FGYolB/TM