Christian wrote:

> I«ve received a job proposal for a firm in Virginia, USA,
> which I must answer by tomorrow, and would like to know
> out of American members« experience how much the cost of living
> would roughly be there (per month... rent, food, some leisure, savings)
> to know if the proposal is reasonable or not.
>
> Thanks to all in advance for your help.

 Hi Christian,

 Heres a couple of sites from the United States Census Bureau.

 These two sites can provide you with   County and State
 "Median household money income, 1997 model-based estimate"
 and you may want to look at "Persons per household"
 listed on the same page.

 Locate a county by
 Enter a ZIP code, city or town (place name) and select State
 http://quickfacts.census.gov/cgi-bin/lookup?state VA (Virgina)

 Or if you know the county and interested in surrounding areas

 Virginia County Map
 http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/maps/virginia_map.html
 County and State
 Median household money income, 1997 model-based estimate
 and Persons per household and more data

 For example -- Fairfax County
 Median household money income, 1997 model-based estimate  $71,057 - VA State
$40,209
 http://www.fedstats.gov/qf/states/51/51059.html

 Another location in Fairfax County -- Fairfax City
 Median household money income, 1997 model-based estimate $61,099 - VA State
$40,209
 http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/51/51600.html

 ----------

 Another site
 "New! 1-click access to census, schools, economic info and more!"
 http://www.epodunk.com
 which "might" be helpful with other questions including housing or
 apartment rent, which probably requires a one year lease & deposit
 & might or not include utilities -- water, electricity, gas, parking, etc,
 listed on the right side bar.

 For example -- Richmond, VA (Virgina)
 http://www.epodunk.com/cgi-bin/genInfo.php?locIndex=25664
 Moving
  New window:
  Apartments in Richmond
  Homes for sale

 Now as for public transportation (bus) and bicycle trails
 that depends on your location.

``

Will You Find True Love?
Will You Meet the One?