Thanks for some interesting ideas.  I have been debating with someone
in the global energy options about vehicles powered by Liquid Nitrogen
and it has also raised some of these issues.  While that type of power
concept does not appear to be nearly as well-developed, I think that
it could be included as being of somewhat similar value, particularly
since there is a chance that it could store even more energy than
compressed air, per unit volume or weight or mass.

I agree with some of the things you point out, including that we
needn't necessariliy confine our considerations to vehicles.  Even if
compressed air vehicles have problematic range, the more-basic
consideration is: is it a viable and useful way to store energy or
not?

MM

Plan to Sell a Home?
http://us.click.yahoo.com/J2SnNA/y.lEAA/MVfIAA/FGYolB/TM