Sorry Hakan, but no I am not mixing them up.  We do not have codes in
this part of the country.  I am free to use PVC in my house, I can use
an alternative building material like pulped paper feed bags mixed with
clay for my walls, or whatever else I chose to do.  There is no one I
have to get a permit from or account to of how I did things.  I wired my
own home, installed my own propane lines, [which I am removing] and
built it myself.

Once upon a time I believed that building codes were there for safety,
but that was a long time ago.  Now I know the influence the plumber's
union, architectural associations, and other have on the codes, for
their profit and job security, not public safety.  I am not saying that
should not be certain standards for buildings in a city or anyplace
where the building is open to the public, there should be.  My nearest
neighbor is 1/2 miles away, who's business is it how I build but mine?

Bright Blessings,
Kim