From: Tricia Liu [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 20 February 2003 09:13
To: biofuel@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [biofuel] good oil crops for England

Corns yeilds 18 gallon/acre
Soya  yields 48 gallon/acre
Cocunuts   287 gallon/acre
Oil Palm    635 gallon/acre
Chokecherries 214 gallon/acre?

Based on those yields, the price for Oil Palm should be 35 times better than
corns?
The retail price for  Biofuel is $2.05-2.50/gallon.  So we are talking about
an Oil Palm crop that can
produce $1,400 - $1,587.50 market value per acre comparing to $36.90 -
$45/gallon for the corns?
(Or other suitable plants for the climate and the processing capability)

I don't know how many yields per year for these plants and maybe the harvest
will be hard etc.
But the BioFuel Accosiation or the Farmers groups should find a better
BioFuel crops to grow, to make more
money and provide better yield!  Howcome the farmers states never put some
funds to discover the
best yield crops and encourange their farmers to at least switch some of
their lands to grow these energy crops?

By mass production to bring down the prices of BioFuel, then more drivers
will switch to Bio Diesel vehicles.
Can not believe that there are no organization or talents in the government
in doing this job?  To improve the productivity
of the lands and to increase the incomes of the farmers.  Farmers should use
wisely your resources and voting right, not only
helping to set up experimental farms to find the best crops for each states.
Just like France and Italy, Biofuel should be
tax free to help her to gain market share.  And maybe later on, after
BioFuel replaced good portion of the Fossil oil fuel.
reasonable!

Hope to hear from the real farmers, I'm just speculating.  There must have
some organization will lead the farmers to plan
their production to get the maximum market value of of the same land?  The
productivity of the farmers had been high, but
you have to add in the market value consideration.  To grow more valuable
crops to make more money, the money will
either goes to imported oil or goes to the farmers.