Paul,

What I was differing with on the "high grade vs low grade' aspect was the
saturated vs unsaturated aspect that Ken mentioned, with the heavier
saturated fats that tend to settle towards the bottom being of "lower"
grade.

Both saturated and unsaturated make good biodiesel. Just that saturated has
a higher cloud point and will exhibit winter associated problems more
quickly.

I certainly would give a "low grade" connotation to the oil mixed amongst
the solid fraction that settles out. That's the part that is problematic in
that cumulatively it is one boatload of fuel.

We've got a downdraft wood gasifier on the shopping list so that the fuel
content of the solds can be recovered. That and so the process becomes more
biofuel oriented. But the majority of the oil still needs to be extracted.
Even then we won't use all 250,000 btus of output in the biodiesel process,
so the excess will have to be utilized in other manners.

Plans to use the waste heat and exhaust are already in the mix for a
greenhouse - the CO2 rich exhaust will suit such purposes enormously well.
We'll just have to "vent before human entry," even though gasifier exhaust
contains far less CO than "conventional" exhaust.

Todd Swearingen