Pieter,

I suppose you could heat it 'til it smokes and be relatively secure in the
belief that you done sumptin' wrong. (Been that. Done there.)

I couldn't tell you precisely what temperature is the cut off point to
prevent degradation

The MeOH won't evaporate until the composite liquid (alcohol and bioidesel)
reaches ~160*F. (Sorry. It's an "American thang.") That would mean a temp
rise of ~40*F after a settled reaction - presuming that you're using an
insulated reactor or settling tank.

I wouldn't suggest a pot still due to the fact that the alcohol has to rise
through a thick layer of biodiesel before it can escape. A thin film
evaporator would be more efficient, both in fuel expended and in keeping the
temp of the biodiesel elevated for a shorter period of time.

Imagine a slightly inclined, enclosed, stainless-steel, rectangular box,
with the bottom being a "hot plate" that a thin film of biodiesel flows over
at an adjusted rate. At the top of the box is an exhaust vent that the
evaporated alcohol vents out of and then into a condensor.

That bottom "hot plate" should actually be a chamber that is filled with a
circulating medium - a heat exchanger - rather than a direct form of heat.
The returning, hot, biodiesel can be used to heat the reactor and or the WVO
in a settling tank, in order to achieve better energy efficiency.

Sometimes you have to build a city to handle one product.

Todd Swearingen