Hi Craig,
Thanks for the info.....I have spoke with you once on the phone
briefly before the Christmas holiday.....I especially appreciate
your feedback on the choices for WebbStk and hose on hose for
reliability and minimizing the downside risk......This is my first
attempt at converting a diesel to run primarily on WVO and I'm going
to go overboard which is my nature.....Rather than start with
a "bare bones" approach I'm opting to go with the latest technology
available, create what I can't find and hopefully attain my goal of
a nearly "on demand" "fill up, turn the key, pause for the glow
plugs and drive" vehicle running on WVO.

Questions on the Vormax which I will cheerfully purchase from your
company.

1.  Can you get more than one heating element in it....Such as 12V
heat, coolant heat and 120V heat all in the same unit?.....I'd at
least like to have 12v and coolant together and preferably all 3
options bundled together.

2.  Are you letting your WVO settle before pouring it in the tank or
do you use any WVO that you can pump from a dumpster?.....I'd like
to believe that a Vormax could handle these, however I had planned
to build or buy a pumping and filtering system for collection and
purifying.

3.  What is the average life of the filter you use on the Vormax and
what do you recommend?.....Is it a cellulose type filter?.....I
thought I had read that VO causes the fibers to swell and can ruin
them quickly....Have you heard of this?

I have many more questions, but will limit them to these for now.

Thanks in advance for your assistance,
Geoff

--- In biofuel@yahoogroups.com, Craig Reece <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Geoff,
>
> You wrote:
>
> > Has anyone installed an Espar, Webasto or other diesel fired
water
> > heater in their WVO system to pre-heat the cooling system and
thus
> > the WVO?......My question is if these will work burning WVO.....
>

> I've installed a Webasto diesel-fired coolant heater/pump in my
Tdi Land
> Rover, plumbed into the cooling system (obviously) and will use it
> preheat the coolant in my radiator, engine, heatercore,  Webb
HotSTK
> (now Racor HotSTK, since they bought Webb in December)  in my WVO
tank,
> and in my Vormax fuel pre-filter/filter, which has a heat exchange
> function. (The Webb HotSTK is the only way that we - Neoteric
Biofuels
> www.biofuels.ca recommend as a  means to introduce coolant into a
fuel
> tank - we don't feel like taking on the potential liability we'd
incur
> if a customer had a catastrophic loss of coolant into their fuel
from a
> copper loop or transmission oil cooler. Which has happened, BTW -
with
> diesel engines being turned into boat anchors in a few minutes of
> operation without coolant.)
>
> So, fire up the Webasto or Espar, (and they both offer a keychain
remote
> feature) and after some amount of time, which of course varies
depending
> on ambient air temps, you've got hot coolant being circulated (by
the
> 12V pump) through all of the above components, so you've got: a
hot
> engine, hot (or at least warm) fuel in your injection pump and
> injectors, hot fuel in your tank, hot fuel in your fuel filter,
and hot
> coolant in your heatercore - so everything, including your
passenger
> compartment, is hot prior to starting the car. For campers or
RV's, you
> can plumb a  hot water heat exchanger into the loop, and use the
Webasto
> or Espar to provide you with domestic hot water. If your fuel
lines are
> bundled next to your coolant lines (HOH or hose-on-hose, as
opposed to
> HIH or hose-in-hose, which scares us (see above - can you say
> "catastrophic loss of coolant") with the whole bundle insulated
with
> foam pipe insulation) you've also got a heated fuel path from tank
> engine.
>
> As far as running an Espar or Webasto on WVO: Alexander Noack, the
> senior engineer at Elsbett, who's in charge of the SVO kit side of
their
> business, (and Elsbett installs Espar heaters as a cold-weather
option
> on conversions they do at their workshop in Germany) told me that
Espar
> claims you can run *biodiesel* (not SVO or WVO) in their heaters,
but
> that you need to run them on diesel periodically. Whether pre-
heated
> biodiesel would eliminate this need, I don't know. And it's
possible
> that pre-heated WVO would also combust properly. I'd of course
suggest
> our Vegtherm 12V inline fuel heater for this purpose. My Land
Rover
> isn't quite on the road yet, but when it is, I'll be experimenting
with
> the Webasto, to see if it will run on pre-heated biodiesel, and
I'm sure
> I'll try it on pre-heated WVO at some point. With a bit of
plumbing one
> could of course do a two-tank system for the Webasto or Espar and
start
> it on bioD or dinoD, run it on WVO, then shut down on dinoD or
bioD.

> I'll keep the group informed of the outcome of my experiments.
>
> Craig Reece

To visit your group on the web, go to: