Hello Robert,
The first thing I would do is make sure that the rest of the engine is
in very good condition before paying $1200 for a head. If you have any
friends that do custom automotive work, maybe you could adapt another
engine to fit. This is normally done with rear wheel drive vehicles, but
it isn't impossible with a front wheel drive. Major electrical work
would have to be done unless you decide to use an older VW diesel.
Let us know what you do, either way.
--
Martin Klingensmith
infoarchive.net