We have kept it mixed for up to 30 days and seems to work OK
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  To: biofuel@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Tuesday, January 27, 2004 5:58 AM
  Subject: [biofuel] Methanol and Lye mixing.

  Hi,

  I have a question in regards to mixing the Methanol and Lye.  I am just doing
  small test batches.  I was wondering how far in advance can you mix it.  Can
  it be made ahead of time or does it have to be made and used right away.  I
am
  mixing it in a sealed container and I don't open it untill I am ready to put
  it in the oil.

  Thanks
  Rick M
  Brownstown, Mi.