<x-charset ISO-8859-1>Gas will be hitting $3 soon, probably this year...

--- In biofuel@yahoogroups.com, murdoch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Some recent USA Today articles. Overall, relatively speaking, I like
> their reporting on some of these issues:
> http://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/2004-02-25-gasprices_x.htm
>
> A quote:
>
> >"Average gasoline prices in California and Hawaii have topped $2
for a gallon of unleaded regular, and Nevada is close at $1.968, AAA
said Wednesday. AAA said regular averaged $1.681 nationwide, up 7.9
cents the last month. That's 5.6 cents less than the record average
of $1.737 reported last Aug. 30. EIA, using different data, lists the
record as $1.747 last Aug. 25."

> So, there are sometimes some discrepancies (though here they are
> small) in how the "national retail average" is calculated.
>
> Also of interest:
> >Gas would have to average $2.89 to surpass the inflation-adjusted
record of $1.417 in 1981.

> An article here about cost-benefit analysis for vehicle safety.  I
> thought there was a lack of mention of how vehicles interact with
each
> other, and traffic engineering issues, and crowding issues, but
> anyway:
> http://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/2004-02-25-car-rules_x.htm
>
> Governor Schwarzenneger's "solution".  Somehow seems very Teutonic
of
> him, this interest in Hydrogen.  But more importantly, aside from
> that, I just think it's not all there:
> http://www.usatoday.com/news/science/2004-02-26-hydrogen-
highway_x.htm