Appal Energy wrote:

> Allan,
>
> Take a fuel sample, match it with equal parts water and agitate vigorously.
>
> I've seen your symptoms before when running fuel laden with incompletely
> converted glycerides. They are hydrophylic and would suck up any water in
> the bottom of the tank.

Could that be like the monoglycerides I've seen some people on the list
have trouble with?

> Did you fill up at a pump or did you get a glance at the fuel prior to
> putting it in your tank?

Both.  I usually fill up at the pump and get a couple of 5 gallon
carboys full as well.  The stuff is kind of dark brown, about the color
of maple syrup, but it doesn't appear to be cloudy.

> It's as good a bet as any that it was already cloudy and water laden. Your
> sample may be exactly that when you pull it out of the tank.

I've changed fuel filters, and the problem has remained the same.

AP